Hive Tyrant wings with scything talons.
This project is now dead with the release of a plastic GW flying tyrant kit.
First is a reference photo of the large scything talon from the Trygon kit.
Top view ready for first layer of thin sheet polystyrene to build the wing webbing.
Next a top down view, dry fit onto a hive tyrant.
Top down view comparison against a Balrog wing conversion.
Frontal comparison 2.
First layer of Green Stuff has been applied to the top of the wing, I used heavy paper to make the base of the webbing then soaked it with super glue to add strength. The GS has been textured using wet sand-able sand paper being pressed into the GS to leave a rough even texture.
|Paper membrane ready for Green Stuff|
I realized that this is the largest GS project I have ever done. I have used GS often to fill gaps and reconstruct small missing details, but nothing of this scope.
On this side I still need to re-work the talon on the elbow, the inner arm webbing, and the attaching tendons to the finger bones.
More green stuff added, wings have been smoothed to remove previous texture.
Bottom side, starting to apply green stuff.
The steps between green stuff take a lot of time to dry, so I have started a second project.
Comparisons with Forgeworld warrior wings
After checking out the FW wings I have decided to match the style, the armor plates at the joints and elbow, the armored section around the hand structure, and the way the membrane joins up to the skeletal/chitinous structure